Business success means a business that survives. In this short article we’ll cover some foundational information to align your business compass for smooth sailing. Most all we’ll tackle what really makes a successful business.
Keys to a Successful Business
So what are the key ingredients to a successful business?
Let’s distill some research into 10 widely agreed upon points.
- Satisfy Immediate Demand (Want or Need)
- Quality and Integrity are Your Business’s Backbone
- Budget Everything
- Cash Flow is the Life Blood of Your Business
- Sales are King (Maximize Your Marketing Effort)
- Gain Customers and Keep Them
- Take Care of Your Employees and They Will Take Care of Your Customers
- Continuously Learn, Plan, and Evolve
- Your Brand’s Reputation Always Matters
- Never Stop Adding Value to Doing Business With Your Company
What Makes a Business Successful Essay
Need to write an essay? Or read one?
Archive.org has a wonderful and free collection of essays on what makes a business successful.
How to Run a Successful Small Business
Want the instant-start-up plan to running a small business?
How about advice from industry giants that started small?
Top 10 Successful Business
Who are the top 10 most successful businesses in the world?
Success is subjective, but there are definitely some agreed upon factors.
CEOWorld has you covered with the top 100 of 2019
Here’s the top 10 by market value.
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Tencent Holdings
- JPMorgan Chase
- Johnson & Johnson
Contribute to Business Success
What can you do to fully contribute to your business’s success?
You’re already thinking in the right direction. Which is first and foremost.
You’re going to face obstacles. You need to budget. You need to plan. You need to add value. You need happy customers and happy employees. How do you stay on top of these things?
How, is where to start.
Asking the right questions, continuously is the real name of the game. The right questions leads to the right decisions. This is what real leadership is about.
Innovation, strategy, communication, and efficiency follow.
The bottom of your business success funnel is marketing and customer service. But it all starts with asking yourself and others the right questions.
Successful Business Examples
What does a successful business actually look like?
Let’s go beyond just growth, and factor in longevity, culture, and prosperity. As in, these are places people really want to work and grow with.
If you’re looking for ideas, then it’s hard to beat Entrepreneur.com’s massive list
If you’re looking for great culture as a place work:
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work For
- BusinessInsider: The 50 best places to work in 2018, according to employees
Some repeated names are Facebook, Southwest Airlines, and Adobe.